Venue: Being held at the Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue at 12th Street, Grand Gallery
ARTISTS TALK ON ART®
invites you to participate in our Annual Postcards benefit.
Going Postal ™
Date of Event: Tuesday March 27, 2018
Preview 5-6:30PM Sale 6:30 to 9:00PM.
Going Postal is a unique benefit show and sale of original, postcard - size artworks on paper by established and emerging artists. All artwork is being exhibited anonymously, and the identity of the artist will be revealed only after the work is purchased. Proceeds benefit the Artists Talk on Art ARCHIVE FUND only.
Here’s how to participate:
Create or attach an original artwork on a postcard or any 4” x 6” heavy weight paper.
Drawings, photographs, paintings, prints, and mixed media are all welcome.
Artists may enter from one to three entries, as they wish.
1) Sign the back of the card only and Print Your Name on the back side only – IMPORTANT: the BACK ONLY, or your submission will be disqualified.
Also, indicate the top direction with an arrow. Complete the Submission Forms – one for the Collector and one for ATOA
2) Carefully package your artwork – we recommend that you wrap your artwork in wax paper or tracing tissue and place between cardboard. Please DO NOT submit charcoal or pastel pieces without fixing them first. Do NOT wrap or submit wet or sticky artwork.
3) If you need confirmation that we received your artwork, include a self-addressed, stamped postcard.
4) If you would like your unsold work returned, please include a “6 x 9” self-addressed, stamped envelope with proper postage. Unsold artwork will NOT be returned unless an SASE is enclosed. Artists Talk on Art is not responsible for artwork lost or damaged in mail.
5) Mail your artwork and forms by: POSTMARK DEADLINE Thursday, February 15th OR you may drop off (one day only) on Tuesday, February 20th 9AM to 6PM to:
Lynne Mayocole, president
ARTISTS TALK ON ART
GOING POSTAL SHOW
451 West Broadway, 4th floor
New York, NY 10012
If you write the information in the form by hand, please print clearly and legibly to ensure that we spell you name correctly in all of our promotional materials. Please also include an up to date email address that you check regularly, as this is how we inform you about the sale of your artwork after the event.
We appreciate your generous donation of artwork
Going Postal requires months of preparation, processing and hard work to make it a success. There is no entry fee, however you can help cover overhead cost and make this event even better by making a donation with your artwork submission. Every dollar helps and all donations are appreciated!
All participating artists are invited to attend the Preview Party for FREE, additional guests can purchase admission at the door (for $20.00). The Preview Party is the only chance to view the complete exhibition before the sale (Preview: Tuesday, March 27th from 5:00 to 6:30PM. Guests receive a list of all participating artists, however they do not know who created which piece. Artists’ names are only revealed after purchase. The Benefit Sale is first come, first served, all works are sold for $50 each. The artwork is removed from the wall as soon as it is purchased. After the event, artists requesting return of unsold work or
information about the collector of her/his artwork will receive notice in 4 - 6 weeks.
ArtistTalk on Ar t will utilize the art and proceeds to help pay for completing the digitization of the audio-video archive that is already on its way to the Archives of American Art of the Smithsonian – with our nearly 1,000 recordings of over 6,000 artists --representing the largest such archive ever added to A of AA’s archival collection. ATOA is the art world’s longest running and most prolific panel discussion series.
For examples of our work and more information, visit www.atoa.org/archives.htm.
Thank you in advance for your generosity and support. Please spread the word and invite other artists and friends.
Going Postal | Buy Tickets | Submit Art | form for collector | form for ATOA